Locomotive, 'No.9, Kingley', built by the Hunslet Engine Company Ltd, Leeds, in 1939, is seen here, at New Monckton, No.1, 2, and 6, Colliery, Royston, on 16/06/1967.
Built by Hunslet Engine Company Ltd, Leeds, to Works No.1954, in 1939, and delivered, new, to the South Kirkby, Featherstone, and Hemsworth Collieries Limited, most probably to their Hemsworth Colliery, Fitzwilliam, where it was sometime named, 'No.9, Kingley'.
The locomotive is recorded as being on-site, at Hemsworth Colliery, on vesting day, 01/01/1947. The locomotive was returned to the Hunslet Engine Company Ltd, Leeds, for repairs, in December 1947, being subsequently returned, back to Hemsworth Colliery, Fitzwilliam, between March 1948, and December 1950. The locomotive was transferred from Hemsworth Colliery, Fitzwilliam, to New Monckton, No.1, 2, and 6, Colliery, Royston, between September, and November 1964, and then, it was subsequently transferred, from New Monckton, No.1, 2, and 6, Colliery, Royston, to South Kirkby Colliery, on 16/11/1967, where it was to remain, until sold into preservation, at Steamtown, Southport, in November 1975.
‘No.9, Kingley', at New Monckton No.1, 2, & 6 Colliery, Royston, near Barnsley-16-06-1967-A
this line of texts forces gap between bottom of page and footer